Monday 24 August 2009

Beard Spotted in Wales

I got a message today from my old friend James saying he'd been to the Green Man Festival in Wales and had bumped into a man with a knitted beard.

Initially I was very excited by this random coincidence and also the undoubted spreading of the beard love, but then I was worried that maybe some cheeky scoundrel had been copying my ideas. James reassured me that it was definitely one of mine. Hurrah!

I then wanted to find out which one of my customers it was so I could contact them and share this strange fluke of fortune, but realised I had no way of knowing. Boooo! Oh well. Just one of those things... But no. In the mail box, an email from said chappy, sharing his joy and beardy festival experiences. Truly awesome. Not to mention this great photo. It made my day to know I'd cheered someone's weekend.

In other news, my labels arrived today. Very exciting. It means I can start behaving like a proper professional beard-maker and that. Good advertising. And generally just looks cool. Yay!

Watch out world, the beards are coming!


3 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    I've just come across you on Folksy and you must be one of the coolest shops on there! What genius creations you have. =)

    And how awesome that one of the beards was seen at a festival. Next year they'll be hundreds at all the festivals probably. How exciting. I will have to save my pennies and buy the moustach on the stick.

    Halloween's soon, so that's a good excuse. Hmm...

    Anyway, keep up the fine work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beards, very cool. Very like Vik Prjonsdottir's bead cap which is totally awesome! Theres a pattern for them here too: http://www.instructables.com/id/How_to_Crochet_a_Mustache_Hat_Costume/ so i would't get too worried about people copying your ideas - they might just be using this pattern! Keep up the good work. LOVE the knitted finger moustaches... might have to pop across to etsy and get me one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as applesinbed implied, a quick search on google or etsy will show you that you were certainly not the first person to make knitted beards, but that doesn't mean yours aren't cute! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete