Tuesday 23 April 2013

Woolly Headed

So what happens when you combine a knitter with a mathematician stage manager? (All three are me, by the way...)

Stupidly organised wool, that's what!


I can't even describe to you how happy this photo makes me...

Meanwhile...

I went to a Book Party at my Publishers' last week. It was London Book Fair, so all the various publishers had parties to celebrate. I'd not been to anything like that before, so I didn't really know what to expect. But I had a nice time, and the best part was that I got to meet a couple of other authors. It was lovely to hear about their experiences and expectations and realise that although we're all a little bit odd in our own ways, there are plenty of other lovely talented weirdos out there, hurrah. Both these ladies design beautiful things, so do check out their websites: www.whatdelilahdid.com; www.byeline.no.

I also learnt at the party that although the Dutch really don't like what I do, the Americans want to make a mini kit version of my book. I'm mega excited by this and think it's a great idea. I'm hoping to do kits to sell with my book from my website, so watch this space for news on that.

And finally...

I found the first review of my book this week in 'Knitting' Magazine. I get the feeling the reviewer thinks I'm a wee bit peculiar, but that's completely fair enough! See what you think yourself when the book comes out.

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment